Submissions due: July 30, 2021.
Regional Opportunity Initiatives (ROI) and Radius Indiana are pleased to announce that the 11 counties of the Indiana Uplands will continue their shared commitment to economic and community prosperity through participation in the Regional Economic Acceleration and Development Initiative (READI). Each of the 11 counties affirmed their participation in the Indiana Uplands READI application through formal resolutions provided by key entities across the region, including county commissions, city and town councils, school districts, and other entities. Read the full press release »
In May, Indiana Gov. Eric J. Holcomb and the Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) announced the launch of READI. This transformational initiative will dedicate $500 million in state appropriations to strategically advance quality of place and quality of life, innovation, entrepreneurship, and talent attraction within self-defined Indiana regions. Through READI, regional grants of up to $50 million will support projects and programs that help make Indiana a magnet for talent and economic growth. Regions will be required to provide matching dollars to leverage the potential of READI.
Call for Projects and Programs
ROI has opened an online tool to allow Uplands organizations and individuals to provide information on potential projects and programs that have the capacity to grow the region’s economic outcomes through investments in place-based talent, business, and quality of place opportunities. The online READI submission tool captures information about the project or program, its regional impact, and the anticipated budget. Submissions can represent projects/programs in various stages of development from conception to implementation. Information provided via the tool will inform an updated Indiana Uplands strategic plan and the Regional Development Plan required to participate in READI. The online tool will accept submissions through July 30.
READI in the Uplands Timeline
May-July 2021 | Indiana communities define regions
- ROI and Radius Indiana convenes a diverse group of stakeholders, including major employers and other anchor institutions, education partners, economic development professionals, philanthropy partners, and elected officials to launch the READI process.
- IEDC hosts two READI informational meetings in the Indiana Uplands to detail the initiative and guidelines for regional development plans.
- ROI, Radius, and CRE convene listening sessions in each Upland county to affirm a shared commitment to participating in READI.
July-September 2021 | Regions develop strategic plans
- ROI, on behalf of the 11 counties of the Indiana Uplands, notifies IEDC of the region’s intent to participate in READI.
- An online tool is made available for regional stakeholders to submit projects and programs to inform the region’s strategic plan and READI plan.
- Indiana Uplands stakeholder group works to update the region’s strategic plan and outline a regional development plan.
- By September 30, the Indiana Uplands will submit its regional development plan to IEDC.
October-November 2021 | Committee reviews regional applications
- The IEDC board of directors will form a READI review committee to evaluate regional development plans.
December 2021 | State finalizes funding decisions
- The IEDC review committee will make funding recommendations to the IEDC board of directors.