Explore workforce housing challenges, needs, and strategies for advancing housing opportunities in the Indiana Uplands.
About this Event
Presented by Regional Opportunity Initiatives, Inc. (ROI), the Indiana Uplands Housing Series is bringing together housing developers and builders, economic development entities, government officials, landowners, lenders and financial institutions, and nonprofits to discuss the future of housing in the 11 counties of our region.
Why you should attend:
- Learn the results of the Indiana Uplands Housing Study. The study identifies regional housing challenges and opportunities while providing a road map to meet current and future housing needs.
- Gain insights from regional employers on how the region’s housing relates to workforce attraction and prosperity in the Indiana Uplands.
- Hear stories of successful single-family and multi-family projects happening right now in the Indiana Uplands.
- Explore creative financing options and incentives that are available for new home construction, or to address home repairs, infill development, and distressed/blighted home removal.
- Discover how cities and counties are addressing land use issues, permitting, and other infrastructure needs.
Detailed Webinar Schedule:
September 9: Indiana Uplands Housing Study & Single-family Housing
Watch the Session 1 Webinar Recording.
September 16: Medium Density & In-fill Housing
Watch the Session 2 Webinar Recording
September 23: Multi-Family Housing
Watch the Session 3 Webinar Recording
Tuesday, October 6, 9:00-10:30 a.m. EST: Hoosier Housing Ready Toolkit
- Developed by the IU Center for Rural Engagement, this step-by-step guide helps communities explore and determine the paths to meet or grow their housing stock. In this session, you will learn how to assess your community’s readiness for housing, determine the cost and benefit of new housing units, and plan for next steps.
- Presenters: Kerry Thomson (Executive Director of IU CRE) and Justin Ross (IU O’Neill School Associate Professor)
Wednesday, October 21, 9:00-10:30 a.m. EST: Financing for Housing Development
- In this session, we will explore what lenders look for in housing development finance packages and how developers can find appropriate financing.
- Presenters: Eric Baird (Vice President of Commercial Banking of Owen County State Bank), Brian Payne (CDFI Friendly Bloomington), and Steve LaMotte (CBRE)
Wednesday, October 28, 9:00-10:30 a.m. EST: Housing Quality
- In this session, you will learn how communities are removing blighted and dilapidated properties to improve the quality of their housing stock.
- Presenters: Ryan Conrad (City of Goshen, Rental Inspection Program) and Clint Lamb (Mayor of City of Sullivan)