The Ready Schools Initiative is a design-thinking framework to support school districts in aligning their PK-12 curricular and programmatic offerings to the educational and workforce needs of Southwest Central Indiana.
Within our region, this workforce need is most pressing in our three key industry sectors: advanced manufacturing, life sciences, and national security and defense. The goal of this initiative is to enable schools to engage business leaders, community stakeholders, parents and students in meaningful dialogue about what success means within their community and to develop a plan to obtain that success. The result of this process will be a systemic PK-12 approach designed to support students in achieving their academic and career goals that are aligned with the workforce opportunities in Southwest Central Indiana.
Regional Opportunity Initiatives, Inc., is funding a second round of development grants for the 2018-19 school year. Selected school districts will also be eligible to apply for implementation funding following the 10-month Ready Schools development process.
For more information, view the Ready Schools Program Overview.
Recent News on the Ready Schools Initiative:
- (1/23/19) High Schools Launch Manufacturing Businesses (via Inside Indiana Business)
- (8/16/18) Brown County Schools awarded ROI Ready Schools implementation grant
- (7/20/18) ROI awards Ready Schools grants to eleven school districts
- (1/24/18) Ready Schools explore applied manufacturing and engineering centers at VU & USI
- (11/20/17) Ready Schools visit student-run machine shop
- (7/21/17) Six Southwest Central Indiana school districts and communities selected for first cohort of ROI Ready Schools Initiative