The Ready Schools Initiative is a design-thinking framework to support school districts in aligning their PK-12 curricular and programmatic offerings to the educational and workforce needs of the Indiana Uplands.
Within our region, this workforce need is most pressing in our three key industry sectors: advanced manufacturing, life sciences, and national security and defense. The goal of this initiative is to enable schools to engage business leaders, community stakeholders, parents and students in meaningful dialogue about what success means within their community and to develop a plan to obtain that success. The result of this process will be a systemic PK-12 approach designed to support students in achieving their academic and career goals that are aligned with the workforce opportunities in the Indiana Uplands.
For more information, view the Ready Schools Program Overview.
Recent News on the Ready Schools Initiative:
- (4/26/19) Video: Student-Run Businesses in the Indiana Uplands
- (1/23/19) High Schools Launch Manufacturing Businesses (via Inside Indiana Business)
- (8/16/18) Brown County Schools awarded ROI Ready Schools implementation grant
- (7/20/18) ROI awards Ready Schools grants to eleven school districts
- (1/24/18) Ready Schools explore applied manufacturing and engineering centers at VU & USI
- (11/20/17) Ready Schools visit student-run machine shop
- (7/21/17) Six Southwest Central Indiana school districts and communities selected for first cohort of ROI Ready Schools Initiative