Advancing Regional Prosperity through Quality of Place and Community Workforce Attraction Grants
As part of an overarching strategy for improving economic and community prosperity in the Indiana Uplands, Regional Opportunity Initiatives, Inc. (ROI) is opening up a new grant opportunity to the 11 counties of our region.
Ready Communities grants will provide counties and communities with resources to strategically develop programs that build quality of place, grow regional capacity for workforce development and attraction, and improve the attributes and amenities that make the Indiana Uplands a desirable place to live, work, and play.
Following the Ready Communities Planning Grant stage, up to $3 million in implementation grants will be available in 2019-2020 to eligible organizations within counties that have completed Quality of Place and Workforce Attraction Plans. Ready Communities Implementation Grants will be used for Aesthetics and Beautification Enhancements, Connectivity Infrastructure Development, and/or Community Cohesion & Support initiatives. See examples.
Download Grant Packet Materials
- Ready Communities Program Summary (PDF, 2 sided)
- Ready Communities Planning Grant Guidelines (PDF, 1 sided)
- Ready Communities Preparing Planning Grant Proposals (PDF, 2 sided)
- Ready Communities Preparing Quality of Place and Workforce Attraction Plans (PDF, 1 sided)
- Ready Communities Implementation Grants Summary (PDF, 1 sided)
- Ready Communities County Data Packs
Download Grant Slide Deck
Download Sample Quality of Place Plans
ROI is providing the following sample plans as examples for reference only. We are not endorsing one particular format over another.
- Quality of Place Sample Plan 1 (PDF)
- Quality of Place Sample Plan 2 (PDF)
- Quality of Place Sample Plan 3 (PDF)