Advancing Regional Prosperity through Quality of Place and Community Workforce Attraction Grants
As part of an overarching strategy for improving economic and community prosperity in the Indiana Uplands, Regional Opportunity Initiatives, Inc. (ROI) has established grant opportunity to the 11 counties of our region.
Ready Communities grants provide counties and communities with resources to strategically develop programs that build quality of place, grow regional capacity for workforce development and attraction, and improve the attributes and amenities that make the Indiana Uplands a desirable place to live, work, and play.
Following the Ready Communities Planning Grant stage, up to $3 million in implementation grants will be available in 2019-2020 to eligible organizations within counties that have completed Quality of Place and Workforce Attraction Plans. Ready Communities Implementation Grants will be used for Aesthetics and Beautification Enhancements, Connectivity Infrastructure Development, and/or Community Cohesion & Support initiatives.
Quality of Place and Workforce Attraction Plans
Recent News on Ready Communities
- (1/10/20) Plans complete for all 11 Indiana Uplands counties
- (12/20/19) ROI awards $1.86 million in Ready Communities implementation grants
- (7/18/19) Second round of Ready Communities implementation grants now open
- (4/20/19) Plans complete for nine Indiana Uplands counties
- (3/19/19) ROI opens application for first round of Ready Communities implementation grants
- (3/15/19) Quality of place and workforce attraction plans released for four counties
- (10/4/18) ROI announces launch of $3.5 million community grant program